At Meripäivät, safety is always a priority. Our festival team works closely with local authorities and members of security services to ensure that our visitors are able to have a great festival experience in a safe environment. Meripäivät security provider is X-Sec Group Oy.
As our visitor you can help us to keep the festival safe by looking after yourself, your belongings and fellow festivalgoers. If you witness anything alarming or have any other concerns regarding the safety at the festival, please inform a member of staff or security as soon as possible.
- In case of emergency, follow the instructions provided by security and festival staff.
- Stay hydrated by drinking enough water and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Dress according to the weather. Please note that the temperature may drop considerably at night times.
- Respect the privacy of local residents by staying away from private properties (including private yards and roads) and keeping noise to a minimum near the properties.
- You are not allowed to bring your own alcoholic beverages.
- You are not allowed to bring any items which may cause a safety hazard or may be used as a weapon.
- You are allowed to bring an unopened bottle or a carton (0,5 litres max) of non-alcoholic beverages. Phones and cameras are also allowed.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Narcotics and illegal drugs
- Glass bottles
- Firearms, knives and other weapons
- Any explosives, fireworks, flares and lasers
- Umbrellas (forbidden only in V2 arena)
- Bicycles and other vehicles
- Any portable chairs
- Selfie sticks
- Pets (other than guide dogs)
Handing out posters or leaflets of any kind is forbidden without a written permission from the festival organization.
Street performances are also forbidden without a written permission from the festival organization.
On-site medical services are provided by the Finnish Red Cross and are available throughout Meripäivät. The medical services are available at the Gate 1 and in V2 arena during the concerts. In addition, the medical team has a roving patrol on site.
Smoking is not permitted on the site apart from marked areas. Smoking is also prohibited during the opening parade. This applies to the audience as well as the participants of the parade.
Security checks are carried out at the entrance gates. Please note that this may cause queues especially during the busiest hours.
Cloakrooms are provided at the gates (subject to a charge).
Any lost property found on the festival site is taken to the festival information desk located in the Maritime Centre Vellamo. Please note that all non-collected items will be taken to the local police station on the Monday right after the festival.
The main festival information desk is located on the ground floor of the Maritime Centre Vellamo. The information desk is open from Thursday to Saturday from 10am to 10pm and on Sunday from 10am till 6pm.
Phone number: +358 (0)40 6351 764.
There is also a festival information tent located near the Gate 1.
Water supply points
There are three water supply points at the festival. The water is drinkable and you may use it to fill your water bottle. The water supply points are located near Itämerikylä, near the outdoor entrance to the roof stage of Vellamo and near V2 arena. You can also ask your bottle to be filled at Vellamo’s festival information desk.
In addition, there is a large range of beverages sold at the festival.